Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Listening Ear

Apparently, blogging hasn't fit very well into my schedule thus far.  It's not that I don't have things to write about, I just seem to be moving forward in other ways.

Since my last post, I had to say goodbye to my beautiful cat of 16 years.  She was a wonderful companion.  I miss her conversations (yes, we talked!) I miss her audible purr; I had only to glance at her eye to eye and speak to her and it would turn on like a light switch.  I miss the warmth of her plump body on my lap.  I miss the feel of her silky coat when I patted her.  However, God's grace has been tangible, and I look for His companionship and comfort more now, because of the loss.

I've also had to mourn the loss of a few hopes and dreams.  Some are as old as 16 years, some as recent as a year.  Some even involve the future.  Things that have been, aren't anymore.  Things that I thought were to be, won't.  Honestly, nothing makes sense to me right now.

Nevertheless, as much as theses losses are real, the reality is, God knows and loves me.  I choose to trust that - despite the losses - I'm gaining.  Even though I feel like I'm dying, He wants to bring forth new life.  Even though I hurt, He is not harming me.  I'm reminded (once again) of God's word that says:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

So I wait.  And I pick up my guitar and I worship Him once again.  And I pray.
.
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you (Jeremiah 29:12)

 Pretty cool, huh?  God listens to me!  It even gets better ...

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3)

Speak, Lord, your servant is listening.   (1 Samuel 3:10)


No comments:

Post a Comment